Yummy Egg and Cheese Sandwich
Makes: 4 servings
Time: 30 minutes
Age: 12+ months
75ml whole milk
40g mozzarella cheese
4 large eggs
1 Tbsp plain natural yoghurt
1 Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Cut the broccoli into small florets and steam in a pot or steamer until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Mash them with a fork until smooth and mix in the lemon juice and the yoghurt until creamy.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk.
- Pour a quarter of the mixture into a small, round, non-stick frying pan over low heat.
- Cook for 5-8 minutes and flip it when the bottom part is golden and the top is almost completely cooked.
- Meanwhile, slice the mozzarella.
- When the first omelette is ready, put it on a plate to cool.
- Pour another quarter of remaining egg mixture in the pan to make a second omelette.
- When both omelettes have cooled down, spread some of the broccoli mixture on one.
- Lay the sliced mozzarella on top.
- Cover with the other omelette to make a sandwich. Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make a second sandwich.
- Cut into halves and serve.
- Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days and in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Nutrition Information Typical Values:
|Nutrient||per 100g||per serving (142g)|
of which saturates
of which sugars
|Vitamin D||1.4ug (28%)||2ug|
% reference intake of an average adult (8400kJ/2000kcal)