Grilled Tuna with Pepper
Another fast and tasty recipe from us for your kids - tuna grilled with pepper. Click here and try our recipe. Hurry up!
Makes: 5 skewers
Time: 30 minutes
Age: 2+ years
120g tuna steak
50g mild cheddar cheese
½ sweet red pepper
½ sweet green pepper
2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 tsp dried oregano
- Chop the tuna and peppers into bite-sized cubes of the same size.
- Assemble the skewers alternating pieces of tuna and different coloured peppers. Leave space between each piece of food.
- Season the skewers with some oil and sprinkle with the oregano.
- Heat the grill on a high heat and brush with olive oil.
- Carefully place the skewers on the grill and cook for 5-8 minutes. Wait until the side of the tuna is well-cooked before turning.
- Flip the skewers and cook for a further 5-8 minutes, until the fish is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, cut the cheese into cubes.
- Allow the skewers to cool slightly and slide the cheese cubes at the two ends to lock in the other ingredients.
- Drizzle with the lemon and serve. Supervise your child at all times when serving skewers or remove the food pieces and offer them on a plate.
- Keep leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days or freeze before cooking for up to 3 months.
Nutrition Information Typical Values:
|Nutrient||per 100g||per serving (53g)|
of which saturates
of which sugars
|Vitamin D||1.4ug (28%)||0.72ug|
% reference intake of an average adult (8400kJ/2000kcal)