Tuna Salad Boats
Makes: 6 boats
Time: 10 minutes
Age: 12+ months
100g canned tuna in spring water, drained
80g cream cheese
6 inner white chicory leaves
1 medium tomato
½ medium avocado
2 Tbsp canned sweetcorn
2 Tbsp lemon juice
2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 Tbsp dried oregano
- Drain the canned tuna and add it to a bowl with the cream cheese and the oregano.
- Break the tuna with a fork as you mix everything together well.
- Cut the avocado and tomato into small cubes and place in a bowl with the sweetcorn.
- Drizzle with the oil and lemon juice and toss well.
- Cut the base off the chicory, pick and thoroughly wash the tender inner leaves.
- Spread the tuna and cheese mixture over the leaves and top with the diced avocado, tomatoes and sweetcorn. Store the chicory, spread and veg in different airtight containers in the fridge for up to 2 days and assemble before serving.
Nutrition Information Typical Values:
|Nutrient||per 100g||per serving (84g)|
of which saturates
of which sugars
|Vitamin B 12||0.84ug (34%)||0.71ug|
% reference intake of an average adult (8400kJ/2000kcal)