If you are going through the process of weaning your baby you know it is a challenging time, you want the best for your baby and you know that they need to move to solid foods, but they don’t always make it easy. You may not always want to go for store bought food for your baby, but cooking for a weaning child isn’t simple, they can be fussy and uncooperative.
Getting into the kitchen and cooking for your baby, making the food is definitely a better option for a lot of parents, you know what’s going into the meals and food you prepare and you can include all your baby’s favourites. This way you can keep the meals healthy and appetising for your baby.
Knowing what to cook and what is suitable for your baby while they are weaning can be a bit difficult so here are five great sites for meals perfect for your baby.
- http://www.kidsfooduniverse.com/. This blog is owned by a mother who has done it all before, with tips and tricks to weaning your children and introducing them to new foods. The site is cleverly organised with recipes helpfully broken down into age groups for your children.
- https://www.superhealthykids.com/. This blog is all about getting your children to enjoy fruit and vegetables, to develop a healthy habit and relationship with fruit and veg early on in their lives. They blog recipes for all ages for you to try out for your children.
- https://sproutingyumminess.com/.This blog comes from a mum who enjoys cooking healthy nutritional recipes for her family, she spends time looking for recipes and tips that would be great for children of all ages.
- https://babytoddlerfoods.wordpress.com/. Is a great site with lots of recipes for children, there are some fun recipes on here for pancakes and ice lollies for your kids. Also there are recipes for gluten free and vegan meals for any children that struggle with intolerances.
- http://www.organiclifewithkids.com/. This is a site ran by a mother going organic and on a healthy superfood crusade. Cutting out junk and snack food for healthy lifestyle and foods. Raising her own young family she looks for healthy organic meals that deliver all the nutrition your growing baby needs.
Have a look at these sites for inspiration for your next meal or the next time you get stuck looking for something new to try. Weaning is an important time to introduce foods to your baby and developing good eating habits for life.