LITTLE PINK BEET BARS
Can we share a little love with you?
These little pink, beet bars are naturally sweet, tart and packed full of nourishing goodness. An ideal healthy snack on the go, or yummy meal addition!
(makes 12-15 mini bars)
- ½ cup of shredded unsweetened coconut
- ½ cup of porridge oats
- ½ cup of cashews
- 3 large juicy medjool dates, pitted
- 1 or 2 tsp of raw red beet powder
- 1-2 tbsp of coconut cream (thick and creamy part scooped out of a can of full fat coconut milk)
- Add coconut, oats, cashews and dates to a food processor. Blitz into wet sand consistency.
- Add red beet powder and blitz to incorporate.
- Keep the blender going while adding the coconut cream, tablespoon by tablespoon, until the mixture has reached play-dough consistency.
- Press the mixture into a lined square brownie pan or simply form it into an even layer (about 1 cm thick) on a plate lined with parchment paper. (Alternative - you can choose to roll the dough into bite size energy balls) Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Cut into bar shapes. Store in the fridge.