Apple and Peanut Butter Toast for Your Kids
Makes: 2 toast slices
Time: 25 minutes
Age: 12+ months
120g Granny Smith apple
2 slices plain bread (medium)
1 Tbsp smooth organic peanut butter
1 Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Peel, core and cut the apple into pieces.
- Add the apple and lemon juice to a pot and bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat and let simmer for 15-20 minutes or until the apple is soft.
- Mash the apple with a fork or blend it for a smoother consistency.
- Add the peanut butter and stir well to combine.
- Toast the bread for 2 minutes or until golden.
- Cut the bread into squares or fingers and spread a thin layer of the apple and peanut butter puree on top.
- Keep the spread in an airtight container in the fridge and consume within 2 days.
- Serve and enjoy!
Nutrition Information Typical Values:
|Nutrient||per 100g||per serving (91g)|
of which saturates
of which sugars
|Biotin (B7)||8.21ug (16%)||7.47ug|
% reference intake of an average adult (8400kJ/2000kcal)