A little twist on sweet and sour, this one isn't as sweet or sour but still has plenty of flavour and the mango makes a lovely addition.
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen mango chunks
- 1/2 cup veggie stock
- 1tbs tomato puree
- 2tbs apple cider vinegar
- 1tbs maple syrup
- 400g tin of pineapple including juice
- 1tbs soy sauce
- 1tbs cornflour mixed with a little water
- 1 block of tofu
- 1tbs corn flour
- 1tbs olive oil
- Start off coating the tofu in the cornflour then the oil, place in oven at 180degrees celsius for 20 minutes until tofu puffs up nicely.
- Meanwhile start the sauce, place pineapple and juice in pan along with stock, tomato puree, ACV, maple syrup and soy sauce.
- Place on medium heat until it starts to bubble, place cornflour and water mixture.
- Stir and turn down the heat to the lowest setting to thicken for ten minutes or until at desired thickness.
- Once tofu is ready place in sauce and serve.
Tip; if you don't want to turn on the oven just pan fry the tofu first until crispy then add in sauce and cook.