Almond Chicken Goujons with Pea Hummus
Cooking new dishes for your kid is easier than you think. Try our new recipe - almond chicken goujons with pea hummus. We can assure that your kid will be amazed!
Makes: 20 goujons
Time: 30 minutes
Age: 12+ months
300g chicken breasts
100g canned peas in water, drained
1 large egg
3 Tbsp ground almond
3 Tbsp Panko breadcrumbs
3 Tbsp fresh parsley
2 Tbsp plain flour
1 Tbsp canned chickpeas in water, drained
1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 tsp tahini
1 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 200C and line a baking tray with aluminium foil.
- Cut the chicken breasts into goujons of the same size.
- Finely chop the parsley and add it to a plate with the ground almonds and breadcrumbs. Mix well to combine.
- Beat the egg in a shallow bowl and put the flour on another plate.
- Coat each goujon in the flour, then dip in the egg and then cover with the almond breadcrumbs. Place on the baking tray.
- Bake at 200C for 15-20 minutes until golden and crispy.
- Meanwhile, put the peas, chickpeas, tahini, oil and lemon juice in a blender and blitz until smooth and creamy.
- You can freeze uncooked leftovers goujons for up to 3 months. Bake from frozen at 200C for 20-35 minutes or until thoroughly cooked and golden.
- Serve the goujons with the pea dip and enjoy!
Nutrition Information Typical Values:
of which saturates
of which sugars
|Thiamin (B1)||0.2mg (18%)|
|Riboflavin (B2)||0.29mg (21%)|
|Vitamin B6||0.41mg (29%)|
|Biotin (B7)||10.49ug (21%)|
|Pantothenic Acid (B5)||1.1mg (18%)|
% reference intake of an average adult (8400kJ/2000kcal)