BEET PENNE WITH SESAME POTATO BALLS
Now let’s talk about this beet penne pasta. Don’t you just love the colour!? It’s a delicious and wholesome dinner recipe that children would love. With a little beforehand preparation, this dish can be quickly prepared and you will surprised with the compliments you get.
MAIN - 2 servings
- 2 cups of beet penne (or any pasta of your choice)
- 1 can of peas, rinsed & drained
- 1tbsp of sesame oil
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste (optional)
- 300g of cooked potatoes, without skin
- 1tbsp of flour
- 1tbsp of soy milk
- 1tsp of nutmeg powder
- Sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 180ºC(350ºF).
- Place the cooked potatoes with soy milk, flour, nutmeg, a dash of salt and pepper (optional) into a food processor or blender.
- Roll the potato mixture into balls. You might need more flour if the mixture is too sticky. To coat, roll the balls in a bowl with sesame seeds.
- Bake the potato balls on a parchment lined tray for around 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook your pasta according to package instructions.
- After draining, put them back into the pan and add sesame oil, peas and minced garlic. Give it a good stir. Cover with a lid to keep warm.
- Serve pasta with the potato balls