SWEET POTATO, CARROT & LENTIL SOUP
Ok weather if your going to look like this then fine - just make your mind up.
This soup / purée is the perfect comfort food.
You will need.
- 600g sweet potato (approx 2)
- 400g carrots (about 3)
- 1/2 red onion
- 200g uncooked red lentils
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 pint water
- 1 pint vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp oil (I used olive)
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Fresh parsley to serve .
- Heat oil in a pan
- Add the onion, chopped and sauté until soft.
- Add the peeled and chopped sweet potatoes, carrots and thyme and stir for a minute.
- Add the rinsed lentils, water and stock. Add sea salt and pepper if desired (I add to mine separately later, enough flavour for the girls from the stock)
- Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes until the vegetables and lentils are soft and cooked through.
- When cooked wither use a hand blender or transfer to a food processor and blend until smooth
- *TIP* this makes a GREAT purée for weaning! Just use 2 pints water instead of stock and no salt and pepper. Increase lentils to 250g. I used to make it like this and add extra stock at the end - purée for baby, soup for grown ups! Easy peasy and tasty!!