Bananas, Cream and Oatmeal Smoothie
What can be more delicious for your kids than banana and cream oatmeal ice cream? Try this easiest and tastiest recipe, we ensure you'll not regret it.
Makes: 4 sundaes
Time: 15 minutes + freezing
Age: 18+ months
120ml whole milk
60g rolled oats
1 large ripe banana
1 kiwi fruit
1 tsp chia seeds
1 tsp desiccated coconut
½ tsp cinnamon
- Place the oats, milk, chia seeds and cinnamon in a bowl and mix well.
- Cover with cling film and put in the fridge overnight.
- Meanwhile, hull and half the strawberries and slice the banana into circles. Put into a container or sealable bag and freeze overnight.
- To assemble the sundae, cut the kiwi fruit into small pieces and set aside.
- Take the oats out of the fridge, mix well in the bowl and set aside.
- In a food processor, put the frozen strawberries and banana and process thoroughly until it reaches a smooth and creamy consistency.
- In a glass, alternate layers of oats, smoothie ice cream and kiwi fruit.
- Top each glass with some kiwi fruit and sprinkle over the desiccated coconut.
- You can prepare the oats in advance and store them covered in cling film in the fridge for up to 3 days. The smoothie ice cream can be frozen for up to 3 months.
- Assemble the sundaes and add the fresh fruit and coconut when you’re ready to serve.
Nutrition Information Typical Values:
|Nutrient||per 100g||per serving (110g)|
of which saturates
of which sugars
|Vitamin C||22mg (28%)||24mg|
% reference intake of an average adult (8400kJ/2000kcal)