Black Bean Chocolate Brownies
Makes: 16 brownies
Time: 50 minutes
Age: 12+ months
220g drained black beans
50g unsweetened cocoa powder
1 large banana
3 Tbsp sunflower oil + greasing
3 Tbsp whole milk
2 Tbsp chia seeds
½ tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 tsp baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 180C and grease a square 20x20cm baking tray with a little oil.
- Rinse and drain the black beans and put in a food processor.
- Add the cocoa powder, the banana in slices, sunflower oil, chia seeds, milk, cinnamon, vanilla and baking powder to the food processor and blitz until smooth.
- Pour the mixture in the baking tray and spread it evenly with a spatula.
- Bake for 35 minutes for a fudgier consistency or for 45 minutes for a more crumbly texture.
- Let cool in the tray, remove and cut into squares.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
Nutrition Information Typical Values:
|Nutrient||per 100g||per serving (28g)|
of which saturates
of which sugars
% reference intake of an average adult (8400kJ/2000kcal)