Carrot Cake Muffins
Makes: 12 muffins
Time: 35 minutes
Age: 12+ months
200g plain flour
2 medium eggs
2 Tbsp sunflower oil
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 ½ tsp cinnamon powder
- Preheat oven to 180C and line a 12 holes muffin tin with cupcake cases.
- Place the carrots, walnuts raisins in a food processor and pulse until finely grated but not pureed.
- In a large mixing bowl sift together the flour, baking soda and cinnamon and mix well.
- In another bowl, whisk together the eggs, vanilla extract, oil and applesauce.
- Gradually pour the wet ingredients into the flour mixture, stirring until smooth.
- Add the carrots, walnuts and raisins and mix well to combine.
- Divide the batter into each muffin case, only filling ¾.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 mins.
- Let the muffins cool completely on a wire rack.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
- Serve and enjoy!
Nutrition Information Typical Values:
|Nutrient||per 100g||per serving (63g)|
of which saturates
of which sugars
|Vitamin A (reteq)||293ug (37%)||184ug|
% reference intake of an average adult (8400kJ/2000kcal)