Chicken Drumsticks with Sweet Potato Chips Recipe
Tired of basic dishes? Then try our new recipe - chicken drumsticks with sweet potato chips!
Makes: 4 portions
Time: 1 hour
Age: 18+ months
200g sweet potatoes
4 small chicken drumsticks
3 Tbsp almond flour
3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 tsp dried rosemary
½ tsp dried thyme
½ tsp garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 200C and lightly oil a baking tray and a baking sheet.
- Put the chicken drumsticks in a ziplock bag, add 1 Tbsp of olive oil, the herbs and lemon juice to the bag. Seal well and shake until the chicken is fully coated in the dressing.
- Lay the chicken on the baking tray and put it in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, peel and cut the sweet potatoes into chips.
- Place them on a baking sheet and drizzle with 2 Tbsp of olive oil.
- Sprinkle the almond flour on top and toss well to coat.
- Arrange the chips in a single layer on a baking tray and pop them in the oven with the chicken.
- After cooking for 20 minutes, flip the chicken and toss the potatoes.
- Continue cooking for another 20-25 minutes, until the chips are golden and the chicken is crispy and cooked through.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days.
- Remove the skin and the bones before serving.
Nutrition Information Typical Values:
|Nutrient||per 100g||per serving (81g)|
of which saturates
of which sugars
|Thiamin (B1)||0.23mg (21%)||0.19mg|
|Riboflavin (B2)||0.34mg (24%)||0.28mg|
|Vitamin B6||0.32mg (23%)||0.26mg|
|Vitamin B12||0.97ug (39%)||0.78ug|
|Biotin (B7)||7.78ug (16%)||6.3ug|
|Pantothenic Acid (B5)||1.6mg (27%)||1.3mg|
% reference intake of an average adult (8400kJ/2000kcal)