Meatloaf Muffins for Kids
Makes: 12 muffins
Time: 40 minutes
Age: 12+ months
450g lean beef mince
250ml tomato passata
70g white onion
30g grated Parmigiano cheese
30g rolled oats
1 garlic clove
2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil + greasing
2 tsp apple cider vinegar
2 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 180C and lightly oil each hole of a muffin tin.
- Place the tomato passata in a bowl and season with the garlic powder, oregano, oil and vinegar. Mix well to combine and set aside.
- Grate the onions, carrots and Parmigiano and place them in a large bowl.
- Add the minced meat, finely crushed garlic, egg, oats and a quarter of the tomato sauce to the bowl. Combine all the ingredients together with your hands but don’t overmix.
- Divide the mixture into the muffin tin holes, lightly compressing the meat.
- Top each muffin with a dollop of the tomato sauce.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until the meat is cooked through.
- Keep leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge and consume within 2 days or freeze for up to 3 months. Warm-up in the oven before serving.
Nutrition Information Typical Values:
|Nutrient||per 100g||per serving (71g)|
of which saturates
of which sugars
|Vitamin A (reteq)||196ug (25%)||139ug|
% reference intake of an average adult (8400kJ/2000kcal)