QUINOA BUDDHA BOWL
Mmmmmm! This colourful Mediterranean quinoa buddha bowl with chickpeas recipe is an absolute must!
Composed of fluffy quinoa, crispy spiced chickpeas, thinly sliced avocado and a hint of mint, topped with a mouthwatering garlic tahini dressing sauce!
Perfect for lunch or dinner. It takes no more than 15 minutes for a wholesome and deeply satisfying dish of deliciousness!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 30 Mins
- Servings 5 people
- 1 cup quinoa uncooked
- 2 cups water
- pinch salt (adults only)
- 1 red cabbage, shredded
- 1 zucchini spiralized, (you can also chop or grate)
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- Fresh mint and cilantro (optional for topping)
For the garlic-tahini dressing
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 2 limes juice
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- pinch salt and pepper (adults only)
- splash water for thinning (I used about 2 tbsp)
- Start by cooking your quinoa. In a saucepan add 1 cup quinoa to 2 cups water. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 12-15 minutes, or until cooked.
- Prepare your veg by thinly slicing and shredding cabbage, zucchini, and avocado.
- Decorate bowls with quinoa, mixed vegetables and sprinkle with chickpeas.
- Prepare dressing: In a jar add 1/4 cup tahini, the juice of 2 limes, finely chopped garlic, and pinch salt and pepper (optional for adults). Seal with lid and shake to combine. Add splashes of water as desired for thinning, I used about 2 tablespoons. Drizzle over buddha bowls. Optional to sprinkle with fresh mint and cilantro