Sardine Recipes with Spinach Bites
Makes: 40 bites
Time: 10 minutes + chilling
Age: 8+ months
100g baby leaf spinach
50g rolled oats
40g canned sardines in water with no added salt, drained
2 Tbsp almond flour
1 Tbsp chives
1 tsp sesame seeds
1 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Boil a pot of water and add the spinach. Cook for 1 minute, drain and let them cool down.
- Meanwhile, put the oats in a food processor and pulse to a fine flour.
- Rinse the sardines and add them to the food processor with the sesame seeds, lemon juice and chives.
- Squeeze the spinach to get rid of all excess water and put in the food processor.
- Whizz all the ingredients together until well combined and turned into a thick paste.
- Add a teaspoon or two of water if the paste is too dry and pulse.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and put the almond flour on a shallow plate.
- Roll a teaspoon of dough in your hands and squash it with your fingers to form a smooth bite-size cylinder.
- Roll the bites into the almond flour until they are coated.
- Place each bite on the tray and put in the fridge to set for 10-15 minutes before serving.
- You can store the bites in an airtight container in the fridge and consume within 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
Nutrition Information Typical Values:
|per serving (5g)
of which saturates
of which sugars