Sweet Potato Biscuits
Kids love potato & everything is possible to make from it. This time we're cooking sweet potato biscuits. Get sweet potato biscuit recipes from here!
Makes: 12 biscuits
Time: 40 minutes
Age: 8+ months
100g sweet potato
1 Tbsp vegetable oil
Water (if needed)
- Preheat the oven to 180C and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- With a fork, pierce the whole surface of the potato and place it on a microwave-safe plate.
- Cook on full power (800W) for 2 minutes. Flip it and cook for 2 extra minutes or until it’s soft enough for a fork to pass through. Let it cool down.
- Meanwhile, put the oats in a blender and blitz to a fine flour.
- Cut the potato in half lengthwise, scoop out the flesh and add it to the blender with the oil.
- Whizz all the ingredients together until well combined and turned into a smooth dough.
- Add a tablespoon or two of water if the dough is too dry.
- Roll a small handful of dough in your hands and squash it with your fingers to form a smooth and elongated oval, long enough for your child to hold comfortably.
- Place each biscuit on the tray and bake at 180C for 20-25 mins. The consistency should be soft but not doughy.
- Let cool completely.
- You can store leftovers biscuits in an airtight container in the fridge and consume within 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
Nutrition Information Typical Values:
|per serving (16g)
of which saturates
of which sugars
% reference intake of an average adult (8400kJ/2000kcal)