Egg and Avocado Sandwich
A healthy breakfast is important especially for kids. We prepared an easy & nutritious recipe for you - Egg & Avocado Sandwich. Click here for the recipe!
Makes: 4 sandwiches
Time: 20 minutes
Age: 12+ months
50g plain natural yogurt
4 slices wholemeal bread
2 slices roasted chicken breast
2 medium eggs
½ medium avocado
2 Tbsp chives
1 Tbsp almonds
3 tsp cream cheese
2 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 tsp sesame seeds
- Place the eggs in a pot so they sit comfortably and add enough cold water to cover them by 2cm.
- Bring to a boil over high heat. When boiling, cover with a lid and remove from the stove.
- Let the eggs cook in the water for 15 minutes, check that they are hard-boiled and fully cooked.
- Meanwhile, put the avocado in a bowl with the lemon juice and mash it with a fork.
- Add the ground almonds, finely chopped chives, yogurt, sesame seeds and mix all well to combine.
- Drain the eggs with a slotted spoon and place them in an ice bath to cool for a few minutes.
- Peel the eggs and finely chop them, almost to a paste. Add them to the avocado mix and stir well to combine.
- Spread a thin layer of cream cheese on the whole surface of two slices of bread and the egg avocado salad on the other two.
- Lay the chicken breast slices on the egg salad and close the sandwiches.
- You can store the avocado egg salad in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days. Assemble the sandwiches just before serving.
Nutrition Information Typical Values:
|Nutrient||per 100g||per serving (131g)|
of which saturates
of which sugars
|Riboflavin (B2)||0.23mg (16%)||0.3mg|
|Vitamin B12||0.44ug (18%)||0.58ug|
|Biotin (B7)||8.03ug (16%)||10.53ug|
% reference intake of an average adult (8400kJ/2000kcal)