SWEET POTATO, CHICKPEA & SPINACH CURRY
This comforting vegan curry is packed full of goodness - from Vitamin A-rich sweet potatoes and fibre filled chickpeas to iron-packed spinach. Fantastically cheap and easy to make with 10 mins prep, it’s a great adaptable midweek toddler recipe.
- 1 medium white onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp mild curry powder
- 400g can coconut milk
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 400g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 medium sweet potato, chopped into bite sized chunks
- 2 handfuls fresh spinach
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- First steam/boil the sweet potato chunks for 10 minutes until soft enough to poke a fork through them without falling apart, then set aside.
- Sauté the onion and garlic with a little water/oil until the onion is see-through.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, curry powder, lime juice, coconut milk, chickpeas and sweet potato chunks with the onion and garlic. Bring to boil, then turn the heat down to simmer for 30 minutes, or until the sauce has reduced and is thick and creamy..
- Add the spinach 5 minutes before end of cooking time to wilt.
- Serve with rice and enjoy!