Marketing Manager Role
Bamboo Bamboo - Marketing Manager
At bamboo bamboo we only make cute things and are passionate about making plant based children’s products. We've got big plans for marketing and product development, so we’re looking for a Marketing Manager to bring them to life.
Reporting directly to the founder, the new Marketing Manager will be responsible for strategic planning and tactical execution of bamboo bamboo’s entire digital and direct to consumer marketing effort, ensuring we reach the right consumers with engaging content across the consumer journey. This is a very start-up focused position that requires a visionary brimming with ideas and a “doer” who will bring ideas to life. You will be the primary generator of awareness, traffic, conversion, loyalty and referrals. This role is all about delivering profitable, organic growth through direct to consumer channels in both the U.S. and U.K.
We are searching for someone who can grow into a Director of Marketing role. If you are looking for a high-growth opportunity, this is it. This role is not turnkey and you’ll get to wear many hats as the business evolves. If you excel in developing systems, managing projects, managing the many facets of marketing, and leading a team - we’re eager to meet you.
This role is 100% remote and will start as hourly part-time (20-30 hours per week) for an initial 1-3 month period with the intention to convert to full-time on or before the 3-month mark.
You’ll manage the customer journey:
- strategic targeting – You will be responsible for helping identify, define, segment and target the ideal customer profile. You are data-driven and will help improve and oversee various analytics to provide insight into current and future consumer behaviors and motivations.
- drive awareness & consideration - One of your primary objectives is to help drive awareness and consideration for the bamboo bamboo brand. You’ll target the right prospects with a consistent, integrated message, and distribute those messages through a range of digital tools and media channels (Blogs, Facebook, Instagram, Google, etc.).
- generate traffic & conversion – You’ll leverage a suite of digital tools and share engaging content to drive potential customers to a variety of e-commerce landing pages. You will also focus on optimizing the customer shopping experience to maximize conversion.
- lead CRM & loyalty – As the Marketing Manager you will help build an actionable customer file, enabling bamboo bamboo to engage and activate customers, and stimulate repeat purchases. Driving loyalty (LTV) is a substantial revenue opportunity for the business. This role will require someone who understands how to build community across all platforms and create a loyal following.
- drive customer referrals – As part of ongoing CRM efforts, you’ll develop strategies to engage the customer base, and encourage them to recommend the brand to friends and family. This effort may or may not include promotions, and other incentives.
Your scope of work:
The ideal candidate has:
- Marketing experience
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Experience developing a brand’s tone of voice
- A portfolio of work that shows you’re as brilliant with a snappy five word headline as you are with a long-form editorial piece
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and the ability to build great relationships
- The ability to manage projects from start to finish in a timely and efficient way
- An attention to detail that a brain surgeon would be proud of
This role allows you to:
- Work with a fast-growing award winning eco-friendly tableware brand
- Be part of (and eventually lead) a strong and entrepreneurial team
- Flex your creative muscles on a huge range of brand collateral, from packaging to campaigns to brand experiences
- Develop your understanding of creative trends globally
- Build broader strategic skills and give input into the creative 2020/21 strategy
- Work remotely - do good work where you are most inspired
You will help us to keep doing business the right way – reinforcing our culture of making customers our heroes
If you think you have everything we're looking for and more, then we'd love to hear from you. Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter, in 400 words or less please tell us why bamboo bamboo and what interests you in this role.