Soft, moist and fluffy on the inside, this healthy spin on the ultimate classic will become the go-to recipe. Super quick and easy to whip up, these oh so moreish cinnamon Carrot Cake Muffins are also naturally gluten-free, oil-free and vegan-friendly. It's a win-win-win situation!
(makes 8 muffins)
- 1 ripe banana, mashed (100g mashed banana)
- ½ cup (120ml) almond milk
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp (40g) almond butter
- 25g coconut sugar (opt for a handful of chopped dates or raisins for a sugar-free alternative)
- 1 tsp natural vanilla extract
- 1 cup (100g) oat flour
- 1 tbsp (10g) tapioca flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- pinch of good quality salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¾ cup (90g) grated carrot (tightly packed)
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together mashed banana, almond milk, apple cider vinegar, almond butter, coconut sugar and vanilla.
- Add oat flour, tapioca flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Mix with a spoon until well combined, don’t over mix the ingredients.
- Mix in the grated carrots.
- Distribute the batter between 8 silicone muffin moulds. Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until golden brown on top. Let the muffins cool down completely before removing from the moulds.
Opt to keep the muffins plain for a yummy breakfast, or jazz them up with some sugar-free decorations for a super cute treat!
*Carrots featured are for decoration purposes only*