Makes: 20 crackers
Time: 45 minutes
Age: 12+ months
70g grated cheddar cheese
40g wholemeal flour
3 medium eggs
1 tsp dried rosemary
- Preheat the oven to 180C and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Peel and grate the carrots, parsnip and potatoes and place in a pot.
- Just put enough water to cover them and boil for 2-3 minutes.
- Drain the vegetables and place them on a few sheets of absorbent paper towel.
- Cover them with more paper towel and squeeze all the water out until they are quite dry.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl, add the flour, cheese and rosemary to make a batter.
- Incorporate the carrots, parsnip and potatoes and mix well.
- Using your favourite cookie cutters, create shapes by spreading some mixture inside your cutter, about 0.5cm thick. The thinner it is the more crispy it will be.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the edges are golden and crispy.
- Freeze unbaked crackers for up to 3 months and bake from frozen in the oven at 180C for 15-20 minutes or until golden.
- Serve and enjoy!
Nutrition Information Typical Values:
|Nutrient||per 100g||per serving (21g)|
of which saturates
of which sugars
|Vitamin A (reteq)||710ug (89%)||149ug|
% reference intake of an average adult (8400kJ/2000kcal)