Potato Cutlet Recipe
A new dinner idea alert! Check our recipe for potato cutlets, the most delicious dish for your children. You'll not regret it!
Makes: 18 lollies
Time: 1 hour + chilling
Age: 8+ months
500g Russet potatoes
2 large eggs
3 Tbsp panko breadcrumbs
2 Tbsp fresh parsley
- Preheat the oven to 200C and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Peel the potatoes and place in a pot with enough water to cover them comfortably.
- Bring to the boil and cook for 20-30 mins or until they are soft.
- Mash them with a potato ricer or with a masher to a very fine and smooth consistency.
- In a small bowl, beat 1 egg and add it to the potato mash.
- Finely chop the parsley and add to the potatoes and egg. Mix well.
- Take a spoonful of the mixture and form smooth hot dog-shaped croquettes.
- In a small bowl, beat the egg and place the breadcrumbs on a plate.
- Dip the croquettes in the egg mixture and cover with the breadcrumbs.
- Put a lolly stick in the centre of each croquette and place them on the baking tray.
- Put the tray in the fridge for 10-15 minutes for the lollies to firm up.
- Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes, until golden brown.
- You can make these ahead and store unbaked lollies in the freezer for up to 3 months. Bake them from frozen for 15-20 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
- Serve and enjoy!
Nutrition Information Typical Values:
|Nutrient||per 100g||per serving (26g)|
of which saturates
of which sugars
|Vitamin C||14mg (18%)||3.6mg|
% reference intake of an average adult (8400kJ/2000kcal)