Mango and Apricot Pancakes
You asked for a tasty breakfast recipe we brought it. Mango and apricot pancakes, each child likes to have it for breakfast. Try it and thank us later.
Makes: 12 pancakes
Time: 20 minutes
Age: 12+ months
250ml whole milk
130g plain flour
Zest of 1 lemon
1 medium egg
2 Tbsp natural plain yoghurt
1 Tbsp sunflower oil
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Peel, cut and put the mango in a blender. Blitz to create a smooth puree.
- Thoroughly wash the lemon and finely grate the zest.
- In a mixing bowl, add the mango puree, milk, egg, oil, lemon zest and vanilla extract and whisk well to combine.
- Sift in the flour and baking powder and mix well until smooth but don’t overmix.
- Meanwhile, heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat and spoon the mixture over to form round pancakes.
- Cook for 3-5 mins and flip them when bubbles appear on the surface.
- Cook on the other side for 3 more minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, peel, pit and puree the apricots with the yoghurt in the blender to make a smooth sauce.
- Store the pancake batter and sauce in separate airtight containers in the fridge for up to 2 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
- Cook the pancakes and pour the sauce over just before serving.
Nutrition Information Typical Values:
|Nutrient||per 100g||per serving (67g)|
of which saturates
of which sugars
|Vitamin C||12mg (15%)||8.2mg|
% reference intake of an average adult (8400kJ/2000kcal)