Wave goodbye to the classic loaf with these flavour winning Peanut Butter and Banana Bread Muffins.
A one-bowl recipe that delivers super soft, moist and fluffy muffins, that are also sugar-free, oil-free and vegan friendly! A perfect treat for those little hands to dig into (ahem, and big hands too!)
(makes 9 muffins)
- 2 ripe medium bananas (about 200g without skin)
- ¼ cup (60g) of smooth and runny peanut butter (sub any other nut or seed butter)
- ¼ cup oat milk (sub almond milk)
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup (110g) wholemeal spelt flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp cinnamon (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash the bananas with a fork.
- Add peanut butter, oat or almond milk and apple cider vinegar. Whisk with the fork until combined.
- Add spelt flour, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon. Mix only until combined, don’t overmix.
- Prepare 9 silicone muffin molds. Add a heaped tablespoon of batter to each mold, optionally decorate with banana slices, blueberries or sugar free chocolate chips.
- Bake for about 18 minutes, until golden brown on top.
- Cool on a cooling rack.