Tuna Melt Sandwich
Makes: 4 sandwiches
Time: 15 minutes
Age: 12+ months
160g canned tuna in water, drained
100g plain natural yoghurt
60g grated cheddar cheese
4 slices wholemeal bread
2 Tbsp chives
1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 200C and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Brush one side of each bread slice with the olive oil and place them on the baking sheet, oiled side down.
- Drain the tuna and tip it in a bowl, breaking it into small flakes with a fork.
- Add the yoghurt, finely chopped chives, lemon juice and grated cheddar to the bowl and mix well to combine.
- Spread the tuna mix on the whole surface of two slices of bread, and cover with another two slices, oiled side out.
- Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes, until the cheese is melted and the top is golden brown.
- You can store the tuna filling in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days or freeze for up to 3 months. Assemble and bake the sandwiches just before serving.
Nutrition Information Typical Values:
|Nutrient||per 100g||per serving (114g)|
of which saturates
of which sugars