Pesto with Kale, Spinach and Walnuts
Makes: 6 portions
Time: 15 minutes
Age: 12+ months
150g pasta shape of your choice
120g baby leaf spinach
5-6 basil leaves
2 garlic cloves
3 Tbsp unsweetened Greek yoghurt
2 Tbsp grated Parmigiano cheese
2 Tbsp sunflower oil
2 Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil.
- Blanch the spinach and kale for 1 minute, remove from the pot with tongs and set aside to cool.
- In the same pot, cook the pasta according to package instructions.
- Meanwhile, squeeze the spinach and kale to get rid of excess water and add them to a blender with all the other ingredients except the Parmigiano.
- Whizz until smooth and creamy. You can add some pasta water to adjust the consistency if too thick.
- Drain the pasta and dress it with the pesto sauce.
- Sprinkle the Parmigiano on top before serving.
- You can store the extra pesto in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
Nutrition Information Typical Values:
|Nutrient||per 100g||per serving (127g)|
of which saturates
of which sugars
|Vitamin A (reteq)||176ug (22%)||223ug|
% reference intake of an average adult (8400kJ/2000kcal)