Sweet Potato and Apricot Cookies
Must try - sweet potato and apricot cookies. If you're want something nutritious for your baby try our recipe of sweet potato and apricot cookies.
Makes: 10 cookies
Time: 35 minutes
Age: 18+ months
350g sweet potato
120g smooth peanut butter
30g dried apricots
30g plain flour
1 Tbsp apple sauce
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180C and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Pierce the whole surface of the potatoes with a fork and place them on a microwave-safe plate.
- Cook on full power (800W) for 4 minutes. Turn them and cook for 2 extra minutes or until they are soft enough for a fork to pass through. Let them cool down.
- Meanwhile, finely chop the apricots and set aside.
- Cut the potatoes in halves lengthwise, scoop out the flesh and mash it in a mixing bowl.
- Add the peanut butter, apple sauce and vanilla to the bowl and stir well until combined.
- Sift in the flour and baking powder and mix well.
- Scoop the batter onto the baking sheet to form round cookies.
- Top the cookies with the apricot pieces.
- Bake in the oven for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown.
- Store leftover cookies at room temperature for up to 2 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
Serve and enjoy!
Nutrition Information Typical Values:
|Nutrient||per 100g||per serving (38g)|
of which saturates
of which sugars
|Vitamin A (reteq)||555ug (69%)||211ug|
% reference intake of an average adult (8400kJ/2000kcal)