Sweet Potato Toasts
Sweet potato toasts, sounds delicious, right? Check our new recipe and learn how to make sweet potato toasts for your babies.
Makes: 4 slices
Time: 50 minutes
Age: 12+ months
4 cucumber slices
½ medium sweet potato
¼ sweet red pepper
2 tsp cream cheese
1 tsp sesame seeds
- Preheat the oven to 180C and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Thoroughly wash and scrub the sweet potato, chop the pointy end off and cut into 4 slices lengthwise, about 1cm thick.
- Lay the sweet potato on the parchment paper and bake for 20 minutes.
- Flip the slices and cook for 15-20 more minutes, until soft but not mushy.
- Take them out of the oven and put on a cooling rack.
- Meanwhile, thoroughly wash the pepper and cucumber and cut them into thin slices lengthwise.
- Once the potatoes are just warm, spread a thin layer of cream cheese on each slice.
- Top with the cucumber and pepper slices and sprinkle with the sesame seeds.
- You can bake the slices ahead and store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months. Warm them up in the toaster and add the toppings before serving.
Nutrition Information Typical Values:
|Nutrient||per 100g||per serving (42g)|
of which saturates
of which sugars
|Vitamin A (reteq)||409ug (51%)||172ug|
% reference intake of an average adult (8400kJ/2000kcal)