Flaxseed Puree for Babies
It's hard to feed children with healthy dishes but don't worry we covered you. Click and try our new recipe: broccoli and flaxseed puree for your baby.
Makes: 6 portions
Time: 15 minutes
Age: 9+ months
3 Tbsp water
1 Tbsp ground flaxseed
1 tsp unsalted butter (optional)
- Chop the broccoli into small florets.
- Steam the broccoli in a pot, microwave or vegetable steamer for 10-12 mins or until soft.
- Puree with a blender or mash with a fork for a chunkier consistency, based on your child’s preference and age.
- In a small bowl, mix the flaxseed with the water.
- Add to the broccoli puree and mix well.
- If using butter, stir in the broccoli mash and melt.
- You can freeze in single portions for up to 3 months.
- Serve and enjoy!
Nutrition Information Typical Values:
|Nutrient||per 100g||per serving (46g)|
of which saturates
of which sugars
|Vitamin C||54mg (68%)||25mg|
% reference intake of an average adult (8400kJ/2000kcal)