Breadsticks from Red Beet
Healthy snacks- hard to find easy to make! Try to make these breadsticks from red beet for your kids. We assure they'll like it. Check the recipe here!
Makes: 20 breadsticks
Time: 35 minutes + resting
Age: 8+ months
120g plain flour + some for the working surface
2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 Tbsp unsweetened, freshly pressed beetroot juice
1 tsp baking powder
- Mix the beetroot juice into the water and set aside.
- In a food processor, add the flour, baking powder, olive oil and set the speed to medium-low.
- Slowly add the beetroot water until a dough forms.
- Tip the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth.
- Form the dough into a tubular shape, cover in cling film and refrigerate for 30 minutes to set.
- Preheat the oven to 180C and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Flatten the dough into an elongated oval shape, around 1 cm thick.
- Cut into strips and roll each in your hands to make smooth cylinders. Place on the baking tray.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, until golden and crispy.
- Store the breadsticks in a paper bag at room temperature for up to 4 days. You can also freeze them for up to 3 months.
Nutrition Information Typical Values:
|Nutrient||per 100g||per serving (10g)|
of which saturates
of which sugars