Cauliflower Grilled with Cheese
Makes: 10 slices
Time: 40 minutes
Age: 12+ months
80g grated cheddar cheese
1 tsp dried rosemary
½ tsp grated nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 220C and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Thoroughly wash the cauliflower and cut it into florets.
- In a food processor, add the florets and pulse until you reach the consistency of rice.
- Pour the cauliflower rice into a microwavable glass bowl.
- Put the kale in the food processor and pulse until finely chopped but not pureed.
- Tip it in the bowl with the cauliflower, add 2 tbsp of water, cover with cling film, pierce in three spots and microwave on full power (800w) for 2 minutes.
- Carefully peel back the film, stir the cauliflower and kale, cover again with the film and cook for a further 2 minutes. Allow to cool completely.
- Squeeze out all the water from the cauliflower and kale using a clean towel and place in a mixing bowl.
- Add the egg, rosemary, nutmeg and half the cheese. Mix well to combine into a doughy ball.
- Place the mixture on the baking tray and spread it with your hands to form a rectangular sheet, around 1cm thick.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, until slightly golden.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top and bake for 5-10 more minutes, until the cheese is melted.
- Cut into slices and serve.
- Keep leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
Nutrition Information Typical Values:
|Nutrient||per 100g||per serving (71g)|
of which saturates
of which sugars
% reference intake of an average adult (8400kJ/2000kcal)