Yummy and Healthy Cod Cakes
These cute little cod cakes will become your kids' favorite. Click here and try our recipe. Hurry up!
Makes: 12 cakes
Time: 1 hour
Age: 12+ months
250g skinless and boneless cod fillet
40g frozen peas
2 spring onion
1 clove of garlic
3 Tbsp fresh parsley
2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 180C and line a baking tray with aluminium foil.
- Place the cod fillets on the foil and bake in the oven for 15 minutes, until flaky and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, peel and chop the potatoes and place them in a pot.
- Cover with water, bring to a boil and simmer for 15 minutes until soft.
- Remove the potatoes from the pot with a slotted spoon and add the peas to the boiling water for 3-4 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, mash the potatoes in a bowl until smooth.
- Mince the garlic, finely chop the parsley and spring onion and add to the bowl.
- Drizzle over the olive oil and lemon juice and mix well to combine.
- Break the cod fillets into small flakes and add them to the bowl.
- Gently mix all the ingredients together.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Take some of the mixture at a time, shape it into patties and place it on the parchment paper.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
- You can make these ahead and freeze unbaked fishcakes for up to 3 months. Bake them from frozen at 180C for 20-25 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
Serve and enjoy!
Nutrition Information Typical Values:
|Nutrient||per 100g||per serving (54g)|
of which saturates
of which sugars
|Vitamin B 12||0.53ug (21%)||0.28ug|
% reference intake of an average adult (8400kJ/2000kcal)