Risotto with Zucchini, Cod & Shrimp
Looking for something tasty and healthy for your babies? Then check what we have here for you - Risotto with zucchini, cod and shrimp. Yummy!
Makes: 6 portions
Time: 50 minutes
Age: 12+ months
450ml reduced-sodium vegetable stock
180g Arborio risotto rice
160g fresh cod fillet
100g cooked and peeled prawns
90g frozen edamame beans
1 garlic clove
2 Tbsp onion
2 Tbsp sesame seeds
1 Tbsp fresh mint
1 Tbsp unsalted butter
1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 180C, place the cod fillets on a piece of foil and wrap around to create a parcel.
- Put the parcel on a baking tray and bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, grate the zucchini with a cheese grater.
- Chop the onion into small pieces and mince the garlic.
- In a heavy-based saucepan, heat the butter and oil and add the onion and garlic.
- Cook on a medium heat until translucent and soft, 3-5 minutes.
- Add the rice and toast it for 2-3 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Add a ladleful of vegetable stock to the rice and let it evaporate.
- Add the grated zucchini and mix well to combine.
- Stirring often, keep adding stock a ladleful at a time waiting for it to get absorbed before adding the next.
- Meanwhile, finely chop the prawns and edamame beans.
- Keep adding stock for about 15 minutes, then add the edamame beans, the prawns and mix well.
- Continue cooking for 5-8 more minutes or until the rice is the right consistency and softness for your child.
- Break the cod into small flakes, finely chop the mint and add to the risotto, sprinkle the sesame seeds and stir well to combine.
- Keep leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days or freeze in single portions for up to 3 months.
Serve and enjoy!
Nutrition Information Typical Values:
|Nutrient||per 100g||per serving (194g)|
of which saturates
of which sugars
% reference intake of an average adult (8400kJ/2000kcal)